View Single Post
Old 12-20-2013, 12:27 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I'm really glad your going to give the diet a try. The diet is called the Leaky Gut Diet, which is designed to fix "leaky gut syndrome" but it also reduces inflammation, heals the blood-brain barrier, and does a number of other things..this is all what my chiropractor told me. Here is a link with the diet's restrictions:

http://askdrakiba.com/food-sensitivi...pair-vite-diet

It is basically the Paleo Diet but a little more extreme. The diet basically consists only of lean meats, fruits, and vegetables. There are even some high-glycemic fruits you can not eat like banana or pineapple. You can eat as much as you want, and I recommend eating a lot because it is easy to start losing weight when you are eating so healthy. Try to eat anti-inflammatory foods like ginger, berries, and fish. My mom buys a lot of meat at the beginning of the week and I grill it up and feast on it throughout the week. It may seem boring at first but after a while you really start to enjoy the food.

To adapt to the diet I drink coconut milk, which is really the only kind of milk you are supposed to drink on it. I also have an avocado everyday, cook with coconut oil, and try to eat ginger with all of my meat. It is funny you have an older brother who is obsessed with his diet because I do to, and he's helped me out along the way too.

As far as supplements go, I would ask your chiropractor who is big on nutrition what he/she recommends. My chiropractor did a pretty thorough blood test for me and recommended supplements based off of that. Some supplements that you should definitely take are fish oil, magnesium, B2, and reservatrol. Two others that she put me on are NeuroFlam and NeurO2, which both help with inflammation and can both be found on ebay or other places online. I would ask your chiropractor though because I'm sure he/she is going to recommend the same things.

Over the summer when I was in my worst condition I would desperately search the internet for hours looking for answers and solutions to my problem. I actually went to see my chiropractor out of Dallas because she did cranial adjustments and I had read all about them. She did do them, and I think they did help a little bit but its hard to say how much. I still think the primary thing that healed me was the diet. So I would say to go ahead and try the adjustments, just be careful your chiropractor understands your situation and does it in a gentle way, mine did in a massage-like way that was not jarring at all.

Another thing I did and still do everyday is put a lot of time in strengthening my neck. A strong neck helps to prevent form further injury and has definitely helped me out. Im sure you are familiar with neck drills from football, just be careful how you do it so you don't hurt your neck at all.

Also, I don't know if you are into partying, I was for a while but completely gave up alcohol/drugs in order to let my brain fully heal, and I think that was very important.

What we are going through is definitely not fair, but its nice to have someone to go through it with. It was definitely scary for me over the summer because I could not find anyone who shared my situation and there was no advice on how to heal from it. So I am very happy that I get to be that person for you and help you get through this. Please ask me any questions or advice, I really enjoy helping you out. Also, I'm from Austin and my real name is Garret Hemphill, my screen name is Dan because I wanted to stay anonymous when I made this account a year or so ago. Try and find me on Facebook and we can communicate that way too.

Best of luck
Dan Higgs96 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote