View Single Post
Old 05-23-2007, 02:29 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Melody....

The 'don't talk to anyone about this..' makes me concerned. 'Not approve of this being done this way' Also makes me concerned about how they have infused and handled the IVIG.
Do call Frank and be sure Dr Fred gets updates.
Dr Fred tho isn't the doctor who prescribed the IVIG, is he?
If it is, Dr Fred will be on alert.
IF the prescribing doc isn't Dr Fred, CALL THAT DOC with the same info you've given to Dr Fred. The prescribing DOC should be totally up-to-date on any issues that can go wrong as that is the doc who will be the one with primary responsibility along with the home service.
Flu-like symptoms [headache, lo fever, diarhea, and sometimes crampiness in the legs, rashes and vomiting] are often side effects of infusions. These are usually taken care of by pre-meds of tylenol, benedryl or both. Lots of tylenol or the like for headaches afterwards is the normal. They usually go away in 2-3 days.
These often are caused because the infusion rate was given too fast.
I can handle a lot more of the IVIG. I get mine in under 3 hours, but it took a long time to get the 'timing' of the infusion rates till it's just perfect-for ME.
You are trying to do all the right things. One thing you will NOT do is give the home service that BAG! Got that?
I'll check in for the updates I know you will be giving us - I'm hoping it's nothing and probably isn't anything. Should that change, it will probably change very fast - so be warned.

and patience for now - good person! - j

Which brand of IVIG did he receive - I'll post the full 'prescribing info' as soon as I know -
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote