View Single Post
Old 12-20-2013, 03:34 PM
Member aka Dianna Wood

15 yr Member
Member aka Dianna Wood

15 yr Member
Default I Got it too

Thank you for your Holiday wishes. I plan to spend my Holiday with my mother in Michigan. She has dementia and won't know who I am.

No offence was intended. I support your thread. My concern was your post of needing help, and Apathy. I was attempting to explain the danger of apathy. We teach by example to our children. Young children do not have brains developed enough to understand and process language. That is why a young child will follow dad around with his toy lawnmower. Or stand next to mom in the kitchen and pretend to roll out cookie dough. Our actions teach much more than words.

I have had PD for almost 25 years. I have followed my neurologist generally. Most people can not tell I have PD either. My older sister also has PD. There is no mistaking her symptoms. She falls constantly. She is using a wheel chair. She was a career woman and chose to devote her life to caring for patients. She has only retired a year now but is anything but idle. I have admired and wanted to be more like her from day 1.

Good luck on your journey and good luck on your choices.

Sincerely,
Vicky, Vicky, Vicky
vlhperry is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote