View Single Post
Old 12-20-2013, 05:35 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I ended up at the ER yesterday.. Not really by choice, but because I had another episode that my boyfriend saw and tore him up and he insisted I go..

He said that when something cramps you can stretch it out. He was trying to pry my hand open during the episode and literally couldnt get any of my fingers moved. he said it was far too scary to witness. So to make him happy, I went to the ER.

Of course, I was treated the way I had expected to be treated...

sigh...

I saw a nurse practitioner who believed it to be seizures and contacted 2 other doctors who believed it to be seizures as well... finally talked a resident neuro into coming down to the ER. He blew me off like I was crazy. And said that 'cramping is normal with ms'. I explained to him how I have discussed it with other patients who had never heard of such a spell along with posting here on neurotalk with no similar situations.

I of course only had one spell while i was there.. i hit the nurse call as soon as i felt it coming on, but it was so powerful that i couldnt speak to them, so no one came to check on me.. by the time a doc was in the room it had already passed...

So the resident neuro wrote a script for medrol pills.. Never done this stuff before... its always been solumedrol iv drips then prednisone to taper off...

Took the first set of 4 this morning and napped... Still having episodes, but notice my back muscles arent in *as* much pain.. It sucks cuz these pills already have washed my face out so heres another holiday season where I come to xmas dinner looking like I'm dead...

I am genuinely concerned about the health care system here in Illinois..

This is why I stay away from doctors and work as my own doctor. I feel I know more about myself than they do and they always shrug me off like I am a hypochondriac.

I can't wait to find someone that is willing to listen and help me.. I just fear that day will never come.
AynaDee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ANNagain (12-20-2013), Erika (12-20-2013), Mariel (12-20-2013), SallyC (12-20-2013)