View Single Post
Old 05-23-2007, 02:44 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart Barb

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose53 View Post
((((((Karen)))))),

I'm so sorry about your son. I pray that the surgeon is able to repair his shoulder so that there's no lasting problems and no pain.

You talked about 'time' in one of your other posts -- 'time' and not wanting to know. Have they told you that you're eligible for hospice care??

I got involved with hospice when my Mom was sick more than 2 decades ago. After her final steps, I wanted to repay in some way the gifts that had been given to me so I worked for a year as a home health aide. I was the only full-time aide. I had 25 patients that I rotated through over a 2-week period. All but one were elderly. Most were cancer patients.

Because of your work history, you know what a gift it is to work in hospice care

Karen, I recognize the fear and the panic in your voice. Please try to get more of your family members and your local community involved -- your Mom, your son's father, your boyfriend, local church workers.

Your son sounds like he'll grow into a fine young man. Caring, thoughtful, loving. You've done a fantastic job of raising him

My son was 11 when my Mom (his grandmother) was preparing to take her next steps. A wonderful man, Rabbi Earl A. Grollman, helped me get my Mom moved from out-of-state (South Carolina) to hospice care in Massachusetts, He was on the Board of Directors of the hospice at the time. Rabbi Grollman is a writer and helper. He's a wonderful, caring man. He helps people deal with losses of every kind -- losses through divorce, death... It might help you and your son if you can get some of his books from your local library. I would not have been able to cope without his help.

((((((Karen)))))), a lot of the pain and turmoil that you feel now is because you're fighting. We can accomplish more when when we stop fighting and allow The Universe to enfold us and guide us and teach us and show us how to teach others.

Death is not some great hulking monster waiting around the corner to devour us. It's only a letting go of the pain. We don't have to let go of the love.

I pray for you, precious lady. I hope you find the strength to do what you need to do. I hope your family and friends come together to help you.

BIG HUGS (and blessings for both you and your son, healing prayers for your son, and prayers for no pain for you, Karen).

Barb
Oh thank you so much. No I dont have the wonderful man in my life he stop calling and we didnt move to Orgeno with him I dont know why I was just there in Jan picking out a house for all of us with him I got real sick the first 3 day and my weight was scaring him he had cancer 5 yrs before I dont know hes not like this but I know he was afraird he couldnt support us (money) I told me his isnt I didnt want him to we go it together but he has been gone since the end of Feb He is the most wonderful man still. My mom is here 5 minutes but she cant deal or something she is now having some like back problems ,and my son father is abusie .I do have some wonderful freinds that I didnt know I had from my high school renuion that we just had but evryone is everywhere but they email me some are 4 hours away and they the girls want to try to come Its just me and my son. I will try to have it from somewhere so instead of fighting tokeep fighting stop and just go wih it. I'll try I just want to see my son graduate high school 3 more years but I dont think I can that scars me he is wonderful ,loving ,caring and I know I taught him some of that I cant leave him but I cant do this either. Everyone keeps saying fight so I am but your right go with it I just found out the I can get home health and then Hospic so we are working on that I dont want to leave but I dont have a chroice Can you keep in touch with me ? I know what to do but not on this side andd not without the strenght anymore its gone...Thank you and I'll see what ealse help I can findd but I have to there isnt anyone that does but me and that doesnt help........Bless you and I don would really like to keep in touch . And thank you for giving back to all of us and home health s wonderful ..Thank you