View Single Post
Old 12-20-2013, 09:31 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBuckl View Post
Thanks for the advice.

Yeah, I start in the fall, and I'll be sure to contact admissions counselors if possible. I also have contact with some track and football coaches as well, whom I may get a hold of. I'm not quite as worried as I was, but as sensitive as my is, a small accident could really take me out of school for some time, and I have to make sure that the school knows that and that there's a plan of some sort if that does happen. I can't be spending thousands of dollars to fail school, and I know there's some insurance policies, but I know people at the school would know more about that.
Track will probably not be an issue by the time that season rolls around... football, however, might. At least you'll have a helmet on. I'm not sure about the effectiveness of a typical football helmet... is that the kind of thing where you can maybe get the helmet a little bigger to allow room for extra padding, just in case? Ultimately, you'll just need to have some kind of plan in place to protect your head as much as possible, if not playing isn't an option.
Head injury on 10/26/13 due to a fall. Had extreme headaches, fatigue, and nausea over the next several days, but no insurance so I couldn't afford to get checked out. First official migraine occurred on 11/19/2013; no migraines before the injury occurred.
courtney.w is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote