View Single Post
Old 05-23-2007, 02:46 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Thank god you wrote what you wrote, (about flu like symptoms, fever) might be the reason he has the fever. He has never had a 3 hour infusion before.

It took her till after 5:30 to start the infusion and she left around 8:45 p.m. (we were watching American Idol) and the bag was empty.

Now you ask for the brand.
Here's the information:
---------------------------------------------------------------------

OCTAGAM 5% 30 Gms (600 ml) (mix)
Infuse Octagam 5% 30Gms (500ml) IV over 4 hours daily x 2 days every month as directed by MD.

Pre-medicate 30 minutes prior to IVIG with Diphenydramine 25mg orally. Acetaminophen 650 mg orally.
Storage - Keep Refrigerated
Discard After 5/028/07
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Question: every nurse said "he is tolerating this vey well". Now when they say Tolerating very well, are they referring to "he's not going into shock", or "his blood pressure is not dropping", etc. etc.

Or is the fact that he got a fever the next day "not tolerating it very well"???

I just told him what Dahlek said about side effects of IVIG being flu like symptoms and fever, etc. and how the rate of infusion can cause these things and Alan said "I knew it, she stepped up the rate of infusion".

Now I have no idea if he's contaminated or what. I guess we'll wait and see about that.

What do I have to look for and how long??? A few days I would imagine.

This never happened before so I guess it's the getting used to all of this.

Oh, and Dr. Fred is not the physician who prescribes the IVIG. It's the neurologist. I'll write up everything that happened and fax it over to her.

THANK GOD I CAN TYPE 145 WORDS A MINUTE!!!!!! I never typed so many posts in one day in my life ......lol

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote