View Single Post
Old 12-21-2013, 12:19 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

JBuckl,

I definitely struggled putting a breakfast together when I first started the diet too. Your breakfast will most likely end up looking more like lunch for a little while. I always have an apple and some other fruit, some kind of meat like a chicken breast or pork chop or something, and my mom gets this gluten free AppleGate sausage at the grocery story that is really good. Its just part of doing the diet, you'll get used to it and can probably start adding eggs after a month or so. Eggs is one of the more lenient things on the diet, I eat them every morning now and have no problem-but I would start off completely following the diet plan just to be safe.

My PCS began in April of 2012 after I got my 4th concussion. I had constant head fog, head pressure, and a headache for 14 months. Literally every second of every day I had a headache, it was awful. The diet took care of the pressure and headaches though. My head sensitivity, which turned out to be much worse of a symptom than the headaches, started when I was about 8 months into PCS. I was playing baseball and someone underhanded a toss to me and it hit me right in the forehead. It was not a hard toss at all, but that sent me on a downward spiral to where I could hardly walk or ride in cars. The diet also gradually helped to resolve that. I also had light sensitivity which has slowly gotten better, and I had a few weird vision things like a little double vision and halos around street lights at night. I never had a problem with showering, I kind of avoiding the water coming directly down on my head just because I was so cautious but I doubt it would have done anything, if it bothers you though just work your way around it- there was one time I showered at my aunts house and the water pressure was really high so I just took a bath.

As far as your Christmas goes, I would hate for you to not see your relatives and all. I do know that it is tough to control what other people do when they hug you and all that. If you have to travel far and just don't feel comfortable with everything than maybe you should stay home, and just know that next Christmas will be much better. Just be safe and smart about what you do. Keep the question coming, I'm happy to help and I'm sure I have a lot more advice to give you. Remember to try and eat a lot, especially meat if you can get your hands on it. Keep in touch
Dan Higgs96 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote