View Single Post
Old 12-21-2013, 02:13 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

teaaquinn,

Your comments are out of line. I have never said your improvements are not related to your HBOT treatments. As I said, I have been following HBOT for quite some time. HBOT can easily drain a person's finances when they have other financial struggles. I spent $18,000 on diagnostics and treatments but HBOT was not offered nor recommended. There is a HBOT clinic where I meet with my Brain Injury Support Group. I had great hope for HBOT. I know that my brain struggles at altitude so had hoped the opposite was true.

I studied how the cells use oxygen at different altitudes in college as part of an aviation course.

I have a research file on Concussion and mild traumatic brain injury and various treatments that fills a file cabinet. The LSU study showed improvements but did not show great improvements. The SPECT imaging is not the same as cognitive improvements.

I did not retract the comment about HBOT being detrimental to some subjects. The researchers were confounded as to why the detrimental effect was noted. They could not identify a cause. I should have said that some of the subjects showed an increase in symptoms. The coincidental occurrence of worsening of symptoms is no more important than the anecdotal evidence of miraculous improvements.

btw, I am doing fine. I have rehabbed from concussions many times over almost 50 years. My concussions since my 40's have caused me to have less recovery. This is basic physiology of aging brains. My goal is to prevent further deterioration due to age and / or trauma.

You sound like a HBOT clinic owner. Why are you so adamant that everybody should try HBOT ?

I have been examined by one of the premier neuro-scientists in the country. He was doing his research back in the 70's and 80's when everybody said he was a quack because he was presenting concepts that were out of the main stream. Same goes for neuro-scientists like Dorothy Gronwall and Lloyd Cripes. The best often get shut out by the main stream.

As I said, I am glad you have seen improvements. I hope your next $8000 spent on treatments provides benefits. Very few have access to those kind of resources. Chasing after expensive treatments can be a cause of anxiety for many who will do better learning to lower anxiety so their brains can heal. Many struggle to start a nutritional supplements program due to costs of $1.00 to $2.00 per day.

When HBOT is covered by Obamacare so everybody can take an $8000 shot in the hope that it will help, I will promote it for the chance that it might help. Until then, the anxiety of pursuing the ways to afford it are greater than the benefits.

My best to you as you start your next round of treatments.
btw, What symptoms did you see the most improvements ?

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote