Thread: Simple Partial?
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2013, 07:12 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi AynaDee,

This sounds like you may be having possible simple partial sz. as you mentioned do to the change in light. I also know that sometimes people with MS can get sz. (I have an aunt that had MS).

What you need to do is ask your Dr. to do a e.e.g. on you and flash different color strobe lights one at a time by doing this they will be able to tell what colors are triggering sz. I had this done a few yrs. ago and they found that 3 colors were triggering sz. for me.

Depending on what you are taking try to take vitamin B12 once a day 1000 mcg. this helps calms the nerves down but be sure it doesn't interact with you other perscriptions.

If you are able to the moment you feel the simple partial sz. start try to tighten up the muscles in your body this can sometimes stop the sz. Also keep track of the weather because sometimes sz. can happen to people when a low pressure in the weather is coming in that happens because the air is heavier and in turn it can affect a persons hormones and trigger sz.

You should also have a sleep study done because if your sz. are happening your sleep you may be getting myoclonic sz. which means a person has sz. in there sleep or when the first wake up. I had that happen to me just this past yr. and I had a sleep study done where the Dr. did an e.e.g. and had me on camera overnight to see I was having sz. in my sleep and about 1-2 hrs. before I woke up in the morning. Since I went on the drug Vimpat those sz. have stopped. Take note if you feel really tired in the morning when you first get up if you do this could be a sign that you are having sz. in your sleep and it could be caused by sleep apnea or other sleep disorders. I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote