View Single Post
Old 12-21-2013, 04:02 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I have Sj. Syndrome. Just had a very bad cold. Almost three weeks later, I still have tightness in my chest. At some point, will likely see the doc about this, if it doesn't improve. Fingers crossed that it will. Oh, I just developed p. neuropathy in my feet, mostly my left foot.

My 80+ year old friend swears up and down that folks like us HAVE TO do all the obvious dental stuff as mentioned above PLUS use a water pik several times a week, if not every day. She goes to the BEST dental professionals in my city and she says they tell her that this is the final thing that can turn things around for a compromised patient. Flossing is perhaps ideal, but for whatever reason, it can miss food and of course, it doesn't massage the gums.

I find it all exhausting and currently am only using the water pic once or twice a week (on top of all the other things). I'm aiming for for three to four times a week...plus all the other stuff I mentioned; daily flossing, frequent brushing and 3 visits/cleanings yearly.....honestly, I think she is on to something. She is adamant about it and says her dental problems have vastly improved since she added this extra step (water pic).

I agree, it is important to pace ourselves...but still enjoy life to the very best of our ability!

Something to consider.
Vowel Lady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote