View Single Post
Old 12-21-2013, 04:39 PM

Location: Somewhere in the Finger Lakes Region of Central NY State
10 yr Member

Location: Somewhere in the Finger Lakes Region of Central NY State
10 yr Member

Hi Vowel Lady,

I took Gabapentin, and every few weeks, I had to up my dose, as the "folded sock" pain would return. By the time I decided I'd turned enough into a zombie, bumping into things, I was at 600mg x 4 daily. I'm more or less limited to 30mg once daily of the Nortriptyline, as anything higher gives me tremors & elevated anxiety. 30mg, however is enough to pretty much control the pins and needles, tingling, cramps, and the like. It too, quit working on the folded sock pain after a short time.

I tried the New Balance Pressure Relief insoles with metatarsal ridge, which helped some, then stopped helping. Everything seems to stop working right after the I tell Neurologist what's helping me. Maybe I should keep my mouth shut. LOL

Anyway, the Neurologist told me this cream was helping a lady & he was passing that info on to me, if I wanted to give it a shot. I wasn't crazy about the inconvenience of putting a cream on, etc., but since it was helping this lady, I'd try it (You would have to live in central NY state to be the lady in question, by the way) I thought I noticed a slight difference after a couple of weeks on the weaker stuff, so was willing to go the expense (I know of the $2 coupon, though, as it's just under $16 for a 2 oz tube at WalMart) So far, it's definitely been worth the hassle. Just hope it doesn't give out like everything else has for me. It's not perfect relief, but I will be reasonably happy if it continues at its present level.

I also have learned of New Balance Shoes on this, and found you can't cheap out when you buy them. They get better & more comfy as the price goes up & am pretty pleased with the $99 retail 959 model.

So, any of you out there wants to try it, its Kerasal Neuro Cream we've been talking about. Just be careful, it's capsicain hot pepper cream & would be painful in the eyes, etc. If you use it and it works for you, there are plenty who'd want to know. Will get back to you on the burning arches, but think they may be starting to clear up already. They say it can take a week to a month to get full results from capsicain.
groucho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote