View Single Post
Old 05-23-2007, 03:53 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

He has never had a reaction (other than a mild headache) to these infusions. And he has never had a fever. And he never had a 3 hour infusion either. They were always a bit over 4 hours. In the hospital they were 6 hours.

It's been almost one hour since I took his temp and I just took it, it's 99. It's a oral thermometer. And my mother was a nurse, so I know how to read a thermometer. And it's the old fashioned kind. Not the new digital one.

I disinfect it each time I take it out of his mouth. And I shake it down before I put it in his mouth.

I'm going to call the neurologist after I finish typing this. I don't expect to get her today. Should I call Dr. Fred and tell him about the fever.

Alan went there this morning for his usual blood work but AFTER HE CAME HOME, that's when he got the temp.

He just said that compared to this morning, he does feel a bit better.

Now I know I have to watch for fever spiking tonight and I will.

I just went to the pharmacy near my house to buy some tylenol. Would you believe I had no more tylenol in my house?

I was telling the pharmacist what happened and you should have seen the look on his face when I said "she went into the kitchen, hung the top of the iv over my cabinet knobs and did a transfer from the ivig gamma bag into an empty bag that was marked Saline". His eybrows shot up and he said "she did what???" "It's supposed to be done in a hooded environment, (or something like that). I said "yeah, I know, she wasn't supposed to do this".

He said everything single thing you guys said. I told him I knew all this because I go on the neuropathy boards and everybody knows all about IVIG. He told me to immediately call his neurologist and inform her about what happened. So off I go.

Keeping fingers and toes crossed.

And we have to go to Court tomorrow. Oh brother.

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote