View Single Post
Old 05-23-2007, 04:14 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Thumbs up

Oh, ((((((Wendy)))))),

He doesn't understand. Even if you end up not taking the job, the offer was the BIG THING. Even *I* know that Men can be so thick-headed sometimes. Apologies to any guys out there -- I know we're pretty thick-headed ourselves, sometimes

I think you've got a PLAN going already. Collect all the information and find out what the impact would be. I can understand hubby being concerned. We get used to the status quo and hate to think about giving it up, even when we're not sure what we'll be getting instead.

Medicare allows you to make a certain amount of money before they kick you off the program. I'm not sure of what the amount is. You can call 1-800-772-1213 and get more info. You're not signing anything or committing to anything, just getting info. If you have Medicaid, they've been keeping people right along the edges of eligibility so they can kick people off the programs, I don't know any details, but I do know that one of their focuses is to get people back to work and they'll help in any way they can. I actually got a phone call today from one of them. She wanted to tell me how I could avoid losing my coverage due to having $1 too much SSDI income. There actually are some government workers who try to help

I believe all the government programs have trial work periods, too. So you do maybe a shorter ramp-up time in the summer to see what your body thinks of working again

If you spend some time coordinating bennies and checking programs and setting this up to fit you in the best way, I think it's a fantastic opportunity. Just the praise and the feeling of being 'wanted' in the REAL WORLD -- feels pretty good, huh

Good luck. And don't be too hard on hubby, hopefully, he'll continue to learn Hugs.

Barb