View Single Post
Old 05-23-2007, 04:21 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Bobby,

I've been using a feeding tube for almost 2-years now. I'm 6' 4" and have actually managed to "fatten" myself up a little. You can be creative, but I have been boring with my cuisine, choosing a total daily diet consisting of 6 cans (8.45 fluid ounces each) of Nestle's Nutren 2.0 Complete Calorically Dense Liquid Nutrition, 6 scoops of whey protein by Resource Beneprotein Instant Protein Powder, 6 scoops of Bennefiber and 5,000 cc's of water.

Everything goes through a Kendall Kangaroo Gravity Feeding Set, which is basically a 1,000 cc gravity feeding bag whose flow rate can be controlled.

My routine is this:

when I wake up 1,000 cc's of water

about 2 - 2.5 hours later a mixture of 2 cans Nestle's Nutren 2.0, 2 scoops of whey protein, 2 scoops of bennefiber, and 300 cc's of water.

about 2 - 2.5 hours later 1,000 cc's of water

about 2 - 2.5 hours later a mixture of 2 cans Nestle's Nutren 2.0, 2 scoops of whey protein, 2 scoops of bennefiber, and 300 cc's of water.

I "vent" (opening the tube and letting stomach gas escape) my tube before each hydrating or feeding (or whenever necessary) by connecting an empty (extracting its syringe) feeding bollus tube to the g-tube to avoid making a mess and letting the gas escape.

Talk to your nutritionist and work into a comfortable routine. With me I found the additional water and the addition of Bennefiber helped to avoid constipation. Also if you discover that your bowel movements are too loose add a few scoops of dried banana flakes.

Basically it's a period of trial and error.

Good luck!

Peace, love and energy,

Agios

Ps Luckily my insurance covers everything.
Agios is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote