View Single Post
Old 12-22-2013, 05:36 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary jane View Post
Hi everyone and Merry Christmas to you all (soon)!

I feel fortunate to have been able to register on this forum.
I am a young girl in her 20s suffering from neuropathic pain in the groin area (yey me).
I have seen at least 20 doctors so far, from ER/A&E to walk in clinics, etcetera and no help. I kept asking them for LYRICA but they want me to try elavil first.
I am still changing doctors and waiting for a new hospital referral.
London isn't so great when it comes to chronic pain (3 and 1/2 months now means I am chronically in pain)
I had a tiny bartholin cyst rupture and the localised infection irritated the whole area and what started as pain and inflammation casued by pressure has now developed into PARESTHESIAS. I take 50 mk Elavil/amitriptyline and it is helping, but I remain sexually dysfunctional (good bye dating).

does anyone know if nerves damaged by infection heal?

thank you all
Hi, I had two bartholin cysts at around the same age as you, many years ago now, but I remember well the swelling and the pain. I had surgery after months of complaining and the surgeon created an extra "hole" for the excess fluid to drain, it's never closed up and I never had problems once he did that. It's a tiny area to small for anyone to be wondering at if up that close lol.. I was put on antibiotics for ages from memory they were called Flagyl. Endep or amytriptyline was used for the pain but I developed side effects, tingling of the nerves which made it unbearable. In later years for another condition I was on 10mg endep it's the blue tablet and I didn't get the tingling with it. Nerves can heal and I'm so sorry you have that buzzing sensation, read up on amytriptyline / endep side effects and maybe it's what is contributing to the buzzing as it sure did to me. I lived in Central London for 15 years, if you can get a referral to a Dr Kenny who used to have rooms at the Lister hospital in Chelsea, he literally saved my life with other gynea problems I had in later years.
PamelaJune is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote