View Single Post
Old 05-23-2007, 04:36 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Help Lost in Pain

Jeeze, I thought I was the only one. I have had MP for 14 years, first few years I was told I was crazy (nicely buy that it was a psychological problem). They tried depocote ,(sp?)didn’t help tried another doctor was told basically the same thing. I let it go for years (mostly due to no insurance). Years later another doctor said it was neuropathy and I took Gabapentin for a year with no real relief. Again, I went years suffering through. The only things that have kept me going is things like Vicodan that were actually prescribed for Migraine headaches or other ailments, ( also been accused of trying to get pain meds for recreational use….God if they knew the pain.) I would stock up for use when my legs were on fire with the feeling of white-hot sharp objects stabbing my thighs.

I have been using a cane for about 10 years. It helps me not have AS MUCH pain later in the day when the pain at its worst but it is still not a fix.

Recently (February 14th) after a stroke (TIA) I was chatting with the neurosurgeon while still in the hospital, asked if I could ask some other questions and he did some “pin” tests diagnosed the MP in 2 mins, and said he new how painful it was and had the hospital give me some vicodan for relief. To come see him when I got out and we would discuss a very simple operation to clip the nerves, well I was fired from my job ( they said because of “poor performance” but it was because of the stroke and limited duties for a month). Bye bye Insurance!

That was 5 months ago the pain in my legs has gotten so bad that I have trouble functioning, getting out of bed is a problem sometimes. I cannot work. If I do not do, too much walking around I can actually sleep through the night.

I applied for Medical Assistance and am receiving it, so I have been doing the Doctor thing for the MP, heart, stroke and diabetes, I feel a little better. My Neurologist gave me Lyrica and it works a bit but I am up to 75 mg 4 times a day, It tends to put me to sleep. She agreed that I should get the operation. Medical Assistance is crap insurance and I haven’t yet to find a Neurosurgeon that will accept it. There is only one Pain management center in the state that will accept it… Its 70 miles away. Anyone with this disease knows 70 miles in a car will exacerbate the MP to the spike status.

So I guess I am looking for suggestions, I saw the posts about points to press and stretching but I didn’t quite get it, so further explanation would be greatly appreciated.

Just damn tired of the pain and inability to work and fuction.

Thanks for the ears!
Czar
Czar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote