View Single Post
Old 12-23-2013, 08:24 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllPn View Post
I have tried a few acupuncture sessions to try and settle my nervous system down -hoping all the nerve sensations from my injury would settle more.

Has anyone tried this ? They do use it for PN

Any harm to the nerves? They do put one in my shoulder and side of neck both sides...Thanks
Interesting to see this post today as I was about to start my own thread on this subject.

I've just finished about 3 months of once or twice weekly acupuncture sessions. My sensory polyneuropathy is not accompanied by pain, only numbness and tingling. So I can't speak to acupuncture's efficacy in relieving pain.

I can attest however that it had absolutely no impact on my PN. Zip. Zero. This despite the best efforts of the two acupuncturists, who were very well educated and skilled in various aspects of Chinese medicine and were in addition lovely people.

I hope others have better results, but if someone were to ask me about relieving the numbness associated with neuropathy via acupuncture I would advise them to use their time and money elsewhere. If it helps some people with pain, that's great to hear.

David
Balanchine is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote