View Single Post
Old 12-24-2013, 04:21 PM
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Newly Joined

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyR View Post
I am on my 4th week after acdf c3-7. I have an aspen (hard) collar 24/7. I could not sleep in my bed, I am a "side sleeper" due to some sleep apnea issues. Last night I don't think I got an hour of sleep. I kept waking up everytime I dozed off. I felt like I could not breath. Started panicicking. I am trying to sleep in a recliner because I found it impossible to sleep in bed. Is there anyone that has had this experience? If so, do you have any advice?
I recently cut down on my pain meds (Norco). last night I tried taking one Norco tab to see if it would relax me. It had no effect.
Hello there!

I am a 40 year old woman, and in August I had c5/6,c6/7,c7/t1 fused.. so I guess it's only been 5 months.. immediately after the surgery, I was so incredibly miserable because, in order to create space in my vertebrae to introduce the bone grafts, the dr. had to yank up my spine.. and disrupt all of the muscles along with it. it was so collapsed for so long, so. it was a miserable recovery needless to say. i spent an entire month sleeping upright in a recliner.. i felt sitting like that helped my muscles adapt to their new position and create some relief from their screaming..
so, i support sleeping upright, and understand it..
ICE is amazing. I"m in love with ice.

2 levels fused perfectly, and about 3 mos ago i started noticing a sharp pain on the left side. had an xray, and the bone graft at c5 had totally collapsed. i also started noticing a ton of 'clicking'... not like muscles poping. totally different. like, the hardware was creating these noises..

i've had 2 xrays and one ct scan since. pain is still dominant on the left side. sharp pain. not like i had before. not sure what to do.. we might refuse c5. would rather have a nice high space between than a collapsed fusion...

anyone else?

i hope you feel better!!
cattymo73 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote