View Single Post
Old 05-23-2007, 06:27 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Jackie -
Happens to all of us! Part of the deal is rationing your energy rather than using it up when you feel good. I do it all the time. I have a day where I feel almost "normal" and I grocery shop, do laundry, mow the lawn take my kid out to do something fun and WHAM!!!! The next day I can't do a thing - sometimes takes a week to recover. Do I learn? NO! I always feel like I need to get as much done as possible in case I can't do anything again for a while. It helps to be diagnosed because at least I have more good days than bad with the treatments I get....it takes a while to catch on but you will. I try to think about it like this... a person who runs marathons doesn't start out running 30 miles in a day, they do a little at a time, build up their endurance and try to get stronger. If they ran 30 miles their first day training they wouldn't be able to run again for a week and would feel horrible to boot...so take it a little at a time. Don't be too hard on yourself. I finally hired a neighborhood kid to mow the lawn and have someone come clean my house once a month - it helps, it is definetly worth the money and I can do other things that I enjoy with the energy I have...
Hang in there.
Gabe
Gabe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote