View Single Post
Old 12-26-2013, 02:09 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default College

I want to share this with anyone that has doubts about what they can achieve while battling PCS. I was in the middle of pursuing my dream of a 4 year degree when I hit my head. I struggled immensely the first 6 months, but with the help of some amazing friends and my amazing husband, I kept going in school. Two weeks ago I graduated.
Although my symptoms have lessened, and I am coming to terms with living my life as things are now, headaches, tinnitus, light sensitivity (blue LEDs are the worst), and inability to handle a lot of stimuli without suffering greatly the next few days (migraine, sleepiness, slow cognitive processes). Maybe one day the symptoms will go away, but the lessons learned will remain forever.

I have read some great advice on these forums and they are true. While your life may change, it is far from over. You may have different priorities in your life post injury, but life is what you make it. To me, I have learned a lot about myself and the people around me. Things not always good, but I can see things clearer now.

Concussion 6/29/12 by hitting back of head on concrete bottom of a pool coming off a water slide - MRI July 2012 normal -

October 2012 hit same spot on corner of filing cabinet.
MaryinIA is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mokey (02-04-2014), poetrymom (01-31-2014), vini (04-17-2014)