View Single Post
Old 12-26-2013, 08:47 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Right Side TOS Sufferer Now w/Left Side Symptoms

Folks,

I was diagnosed with TOS about 3-4 years ago. Primary symptom was a "burning" pain that was located around the scapula on my right side. Went to Dr. Dean Michael Donahue at Mass General and got scans that showed that the subclavian artery was being pinched by the scalenes...on both sides. I had a botox shot that cleared everything up and I haven't heard from TOS on my right side since.

Now, I've had three different episodes in the past year on my left side.

I think.

The first was about a year ago, but passed within a week. The 2nd was over the summer and lasted for a good couple of months. And now most recently the third.

Major malfunction: When I tilt my head back and to the left I feel a pain. This pain runs over the back of the shoulder and down to the forearm / top of my hand. The worst part is that the forearm / hand area just throbs to the point that it makes sleep very very difficult. There's also a lot of twitching in the chest area. And my tricep muscle has lost strength.

FYI: I've had a cervical MRI that was clean.

I'm scheduled to see Dr. Donahue on January 15th, but that feels like an eternity. I'm stretching my scalenes like crazy and also trying to mobilize my first rib myself. Also trying to practice diaphramic breathing again. Taking advil (that doesn't do a lick) and also have some leftover gabepentin (sp?) nerve medication I had from before, but am loathe to use.

First, I'm curious if the forearm/top of hand throbbing is something others have experienced and is consistent with TOS? This is not the burning pain I had before.

Second, any other recommendations to slow down the symptoms? To be honest, I can deal with the pain, but I need some SLEEP!

Thanks.

KY
kyoun1e is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote