View Single Post
Old 12-26-2013, 12:45 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Not many

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperbag View Post
I fear I have meralgia paresthetica. I am wondering if anyone still reads this forum?
The pain started just last month, when I tried to do yoga. It is the worst pain I have ever felt. I am terrified of this becoming permanent. I am already on disability for other reasons. I am so scared right now.

I have already been through hell with misdiagnoses from doctors, and it's only been 1 month since I first developed this pain.

If anyone is still around, please post a reply. I'd love to speak with someone who also has meralgia paresthetica.
Hi paperbag,

There are a few of us still around but many MP sufferers come and go because for many it is a short term problem and they recover. That is the good news. I guess a lot depends upon the "cause" of the MP. MIne was due to damage of the LFCN during a surgical procedure and I have been dealing with it for about 35 years. If you wish to talk more about it, I would invite any questions you may have. A lot of us know the misery of being undiagnosed, mis-diagnosed, etc. on many neuro conditions so we can relate.

I am here for you any time you want to talk.

Hopeless
Hopeless is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote