View Single Post
Old 12-26-2013, 03:45 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

My Christmas was wonderful Bram. Had a great time with my boyfriend's family and aside from being tired...it was a really nice day. Had to be up at 1am today though so I could be at work at 3am (our store opened at 5am). Around 4:30am...I started getting really bad chest pains. I waited until the next manager got in around 6:45 and then I left to go to the ER.

Found out I have some inflammation around my heart and lungs. They did a bunch of tests and nothing serious showed up so they think it will clear up on its own in about a week or so. They want me to rest for the next few days (no working) and to take prescription strength anti-inflammatory meds. This pain is pretty brutal...like I'm being stabbed in the chest with every breath.

I spent 5 hours in the ER and both arms are flaring up now (the right one from the BP cuff and the left one from the IV...OUCH). I guess I got there at the right time because after I came in it sounded like all heck broke loose. But the doctors and nurses were all nice. The nurse had no idea what RSD/CRPS is...but listened to everything I explained and made notes on my chart for it. No one there made me feel bad about anything...which is unusual in my experience...but I wasn't there for my RSD pain so maybe that's why? Or maybe it was just a good crew. Either way...I really was happy with the care everyone showed even though I waited a long time in the room with no one checking in (several hours). They were clearly swamped and did a great job managing it all.

So now I am home...resting...and am hoping that these chest pains get better quickly. It's more than I think I can handle right now on top of the RSD...but I'll survive.
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote