View Single Post
Old 12-26-2013, 07:54 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Nelly...I didn't switch jobs, but I'm definitely in front of a computer quite a bit. That's been a constant for years. I also tend to have poor posture when I work. That said, I'm a workout fiend and do a lot of scapular stabilization and posterior chain strengthening. I don't think I'm your average bear for a 45 year old male.

Cyclist...I tried neurontin during my first go round with TOS a few years ago. Hated it. Felt too druged out. May have to look into this other option.

Interesting that your docs don't think the throbbing on the forearm / hand is TOS related. From various literature, it seems like it's part of the scalene referred pain pattern. However, this pain is far different than that burning pain I felt on my right scapula.

Important FYI: I had a cervical MRI done recently. Clean as a whistle.

I'm really hoping this unwinds without a botox shot. I'm stretching my scalenes like crazy, doing the diaphramic breathing, and doing some self first rib mobilization. Being this is the third episode in a year and this particular episode is the worst of the bunch, maybe I'm being a tad optimistic. This latest episode is bringing me back to the "bad ol' days" of when I first got hit with this on the right side.

KY
kyoun1e is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote