View Single Post
Old 12-26-2013, 07:57 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyoun1e View Post
Yeah, the botox shot worked like a charm for the left side a couple years ago. My right side hasn't barked since. I think it's something about the scalene muscles...once they get agitated it's hard to get them relaxed.

One thing that I used to do was lay on my back on a swiss ball and practice diaphramic breathing while having my arms stretched out to the side and relaxed and my head hanging back on the ball. Tried to do it but when I title my head back the pain is triggered. That's what I don't get. Why would tilting my head backwards agitate either the anterior or middle scalene muscle? (I'm assuming that these two are the culprits...I never hear about the posterior scalene causing problems).

And there's no doubt a specific pathway being impaired here. This is the third episode where a) throbbing reaches my forearm and hand and b) my tricep muscle becomes weakened. There is no doubt that a specific branch of the brachial plexus is being squeezed here. Somebody with a better understanding of the nerve roots could probably figure out which specific scalene muscle is causing the problem understanding the above.

Any thoughts?

Thanks for the replies.

KY
Hyper extending your neck compresses facet joints, and can compress any scar tissue

Last edited by radtech; 12-27-2013 at 01:56 PM. Reason: change meaning
radtech is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote