View Single Post
Old 12-26-2013, 09:22 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika View Post
When I was a child, my Dad would illuminate (read festoon),our house for the season with strings of lights. They went around the windows and doors, along the sun deck railings and of course along the eves of the roof.
We usually had the most lights of any house in the neighborhood and he topped the roof with a large blue Star that could be seen for miles. It was a bit excessive, but in the 70's, excess seemed to be the order of the day.

I don't have any on my house...never have, but some displays are truly tasteful and beautiful.
My next door neighbor did something different this year and it is really stunning. He has a medium sized plum tree in his front yard that stands a little off from his front door and he meticulously lined every branch with plain white lights. With the snow covered ground all around it, that plain tree has become breath takingly delicate and beautiful; resembling an enlarged version of a blown glass figurine.

How about you folks? Are there lights on your house or are there any stunning displays around where you live?

With love, Erika
I live in an apartment complex, so unable to decorate outside. When my ex and I first moved in together, we were renting a house, and had fun decorating, I'd carried over a bunch of decorations, that my stepdad had passed down to me.

There's some pretty amazing displays all around me. Last year, I did the annual Christmas Eve lightseeing one town over, this year, I stayed in the same town.

I wish, I did more, around my home, but getting the tree up and decorated and putting up some displays, is plenty. I am sure to do more, as the boys grow older, and I am less torn with energy spent, chasing them around. (er, um, following them around with a dustpan and vacuum boys will be boys, )
GladysD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ANNagain (12-27-2013), Erika (12-26-2013), SallyC (12-26-2013)