View Single Post
Old 12-27-2013, 12:39 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by seachylde View Post
Because of my disability not being obvious, I`ve had some pretty stressfull experiences.
I have a small service dog and discrimination is a regular occurance.
I`ve had people try throw me out of food establishments, grocery stores, you name it.
Confrontation makes my medical condition worse. Sometimes reason, suggesting a visit to the nearest computer, just doesn`t work. If the police are called, by that time I could be bordering on a fugue state. Then everyone gets to see a part of what my small, scruffy service dog does. It`s very embarrassing.
If anyone can offer some help on how to deal better with these events I would be very gratefull.
Im very sorry you had to go threw this my mom has a small service dog to she has had the same problem I know the that vest an identification is not needed but it helps alot i mean no one gonna tell you to leave if you have them stuff I have not had this problem cause my dog is big i have certifications a doggy diploma an stuff like that cause i got her trained bye service dog peoples wen she was 8 weeks old she even came back with a blue vest an a diploma of completing her class an shes registered as a service dog in this state so we never had that problem if im asked i say this is a service animal an all i got to do iz show them her registrations an alls good no more questions after that but theses self trained service animals aint sure never trained one on my own
wolfpup54 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote