Thread: Nerve Study
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2013, 08:50 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Are you wearing the wrist splints designed for carpal tunnel?

This one is a new type, and very comfortable. I just received my left handed one, Monday. I have been wearing the right handed one since summer, when I sprained my right hand opening a jar.
I have had carpal tunnel for over 30 yrs now, and it is mostly quiet.
It was very serious during my pregnancy however.

This brace is very comfortable compared to my past braces.
And also very much less $$ at Amazon compared to CVS locally.
I tried them on in the store, and came home and ordered from Amazon once I figured out the size. (I use a L/XLG and find it is not that "big" really.) I have wide wrists and my hands sometimes swell when my angioedema flares up..

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I only wear mine at night.

You need to find out if you are hypothyroid, because this can really cause carpal tunnel. Also diabetic PN will do it too.

Is there something you do with your hands? Some tool or gripping twisting thing? I can flare planting in the garden using a trowel too much. So I found a new trowel with a sharp cutting edge that really helped. Some musicians get carpal tunnel... guitar players, etc. Also weight lifting.

You might also try taking the activated B6--- P5P... If you are not activating B6 properly this will bypass it. One of these daily is all you need. This one is also enteric coated because P5P is not stable in stomach acid.
This is the one I used back when my hands were giving me more grief:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote