View Single Post
Old 12-27-2013, 12:12 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default OT doctor says i have shingles but symptoms just on one big toe?

had shingles vaccine nov 4th, realize only 60% effective in preventing shingles and does lessen symptoms.
had some swelling/redness around nail on 1 big toe, always have had a problem with an ingrown toenail and fungus but never swelling.
saw a doctor, mine wasn't in that day, said mild infection, it was a saturday, he said if worse on monday come back.
on monday, about the same, no bumps or pustules around toe, no other shingles symptoms anywhere else. saw my regular doctor of 30years, he diagnoses shingles, writes me a RX for valacycloir, 3 tablets/day. he seemed to clue in on one pinhead spot on the side of the toe seperate from the swelling around the nail.

so 6 days after i noticed the swelling, swelling almost gone, no other shingles symptoms anywhere else, doctor says vaccine + med resulted in very mild disease.

never felt more tired, no tempature, headache, no pain anywhere, doesn't seem like shingles when i read about it. not sure what it was if not shingles, maybe an infection, bug bite? the other toes on that foot swelled slightly for a day and went back to normal.

any shingles "experts" out there?

i'd ask the first doctor for his opinon, same organization, but don't want to be a trouble maker
soccertese is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote