Thread: Vertigo
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2013, 07:05 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi suzi, I get some mild balance and vertigo symptoms occasionally, but nothing major, and I'm not sure how much of it is due to my leg being weaker, or the headaches, or tiredness.... I had a bit this afternoon, and have had slight cold symptoms since I had the flu a few weeks ago - I wondered if it was maybe sinus related.

Sorry I cant help more. CRPS does such weird things sometimes, I find it hard to tell what is just common-or-garden minor issues, and what is CRPS symptoms. I had quite major vertigo symptoms many years ago for a few months, and it was an inner ear issue that resolved. You can have a build up of sediment in your ear canal (which sends messages to your brain about your head's position). The sediment can make these messages confused, so that sometimes your eyes are telling you that you are upright or still, but your ear canals are telling your body you are moving/lying down, etc. This confusion causes the dizziness, vertigo and nausea. There is a set of movement exercises you can do to help - they might be on a website if you search on google. I did them for about a week, and I think they helped. I'm not saying that's what you have, but it might be worth a try.

Good luck with the doc, it's definitely worth seeing them if this is getting worse, as there can be several causes. I hope your sinus problems clear, it's miserable when they are blocked and painful.

Take it easy for now, hope you get some sleep.

Bram.

Coeliac since 2007.
Patella femoral arthritis both knees.

Keep smiling!
Brambledog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
suz66 (01-01-2014)