View Single Post
Old 05-23-2007, 07:46 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart Visitor from the Peripheral Neuropathy board.

Hi all,
I'm popping over from the Peripheral Neuropathy board. I've been reading some of your posts here. I'm going to the doctor tomorrow morning due to chronic diahrreah (sp?) stomache cramping, and inability to control my bowels.
It was suggested to me by one of the members on this site that I may have Celiacs Disease. I gave it some thought and then got caught up in other "life" issues and let it get away from me.
However, last night, had a Tostada from a Mexican restaurant, Corn Tortilla, Pork (I never eat pork) and some avocado sauce over it. By the time I went to bed, I had lost control of my intestines. It is getting worse and worse. My neuropathy gets more painful each time I eat something that doesn't settle well with me. Having trouble walking today and at work I am the farthest cube from the bathroom! It's not a good day at all!

Up until a few weeks ago, I didn't even know what "Gluten" was.. I had never heard of it! I suppose this week I will be doing a lot of research on it and how it affects the nervous system and the intestines! I have been affected with Peripheral Neuropathy for almost four years now and it was brought on by my mothers sudden death.

I just wanted to introduce myself and I will be checking into your stickies and reading many of your posts. I hope to get to know many of you and absorb a lot of your knowledge and wisdom throughout my search for a cure for my intestinal problems and my Peripheral Neuropathy cause.

Thanks, and nice to meet you!
Terri
SeamsLikeStitches is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote