View Single Post
Old 12-28-2013, 11:13 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElaineD View Post
Thanks, Mrs. D.

I really do think the inflammation I experience is probably the reason for my low copper.

Perhaps combined with the intake of a high level of PPI. Together might be enough to lower my copper levels, especially after a prolonged period of inflammation.

I was in a rebound from about 11 straight weeks of one after another bouts of intense inflammation from the subcutaneous infusions of IgG.

Now my immunologist has me on IVIG, but only by taking Methylprednisolone every single day do I avoid the onset of inflammation and itching.

I missed a dose of Medrol one morning, and by night time the entire inflammatory reactions as setting in. And that was 4 days after the IVIG.

I was tested for MS with a spinal tap in 2010, and nothing showed up on the tap at all, for any problem. I've been tested and re-tested for so many things over the years.

But now I truly believe that my Immune Deficiency accounts for why I never showed up with the autoimmune conditions I clearly have.

That's OK, tho' since I never really felt my condition warranted Plaquenil or Methotrexate, which are standard treatments.

And now I have Medrol which really helps everything.

I know there are long term side effects, but at 71, and at 4mg daily, I'm not too worried.

Hugs, Elaine
ever try a gluten free diet?
pabb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote