View Single Post
Old 05-23-2007, 09:22 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by used to be View Post
Sorry to hear what you are going through. It is sad that it took them 3 years to diagnose you with rsd. The doctor that told you to RELAX needs to be replaced ASAP. I went to 10 before I found 1 that was knowledgeable and compassionate. I went for an entire year with no pain meds!!! So, please don't be afraid to find another doctor and get a second opinion. Normally they do extensive blood work as well as a bone scan before they diagnose rsd so, like Joan suggested, be sure to have these done. Please don't feel bad that nothing has worked yet. Many here have had the same experience.It takes time and a good doctor to find what will work for you. Wishing you the best...Jeannie
I am quoating "everything" Jeanie said here!! Jeanie, you are so right on!! My surgeon and pain doctor kept telling me the 3rd. and final block would help me. None of them worked(except maybe the 2nd. one??and only for a short while!) anyway, yesterday I went for an MRI and a bone scan and blood work. ya have to keep at these darn doctors!! I got so fed up when my P.D. said I can't give you anymore neurotin, until I kept calling his office! yesterday where my bone scan and MRI was scheduled(my surgeon who did the carpal tunnal surgery, kept saying my wrist, hand will get better) well, he kept on seeing me, giving me pain pills until my pain traveled to my shoulder.. he then said; I think you have RSD, matter of fact I BELIEVE You do!! well, anyway, I didn't have an appointment with him, I just walked on over to his office and said.. ok, the bone scan is done, the MRI is done.. I just had blood work drawn too, now what about my shoulder pain?? he ordered the tech. right then and there to do an MRI on my neck as well. I was always saying;"oh, ok to these Dr.'s" until I was so fed up, that I keep bugging them and bugging them. So, my surgeon ordered all these tests, and is now concerned as to what I HAVE TO SAY! he even pinched my cheeks yesterday and said I just want to see you get well. So, remember, your in the driver's seat, NOT these doctors. do they feel your pain?? noooooooo!! hang in there and I too am so sorry that they waited so long to diagnoised you !...darn it!! And, like Jeannie said, that Dr. who told you to relax?? well, HE needs to hit the road! much love and (((hugs)) going out to you. Love, Desi
Desi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote