Thread: New newbie...
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2013, 08:15 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Tongue

Yes, you are very enterprising, Wide-O! I found that data many years ago, and now it seemed more difficult...further buried I guess?

The reason Merck abandoned the combo was that in those days, the solubility factor of CoQ-10 was very poor and difficult. It used to be sold as a supplement as a capsule filled with powder. It just didn't get absorbed that way. So Merck abandoned the combo...and KEPT IT SECRET from doctors so that all those patients for the first 10 yrs, suffered loss of CoQ-10 as a result!
This secrecy is just about criminal....IMO. Merck felt that patients would not take a drug that depleted a crucial nutrient in their bodies and so they didn't tell the doctors.

But the data leaked out, and people "forgive" them for this...which is very wrong IMO. The toxicity of statins remains and is damaging people as I type this. Statins will be gone soon, and people will look back and sigh, and complain. But I think it is the biggest fraud ever perpetrated on the patients of the world. It makes the Vioxx problem quite tiny in scope IMO.

Thanks for finding that information. I'll copy it to the statin threads!

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ElaineD (01-02-2014), hopeful (12-30-2013), Susanne C. (12-30-2013), Wide-O (12-30-2013)