Thread: Another Recipe
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2013, 04:07 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Thanks, Wren. I don't think we have those here but I did love eating those Reese's peanut butter cups when I was in the US.

There are numerous variations of the white christmas slice. This year I just used the recipe I'll post below with a major change. So it's just melted white chocolate, rice bubbles, chopped almonds, chopped glazed cherries (I found natural ones in red and greeny/white without the fake colour), dessicated coconut, sultanas (which I think you may call something else. They're dried sultana grapes and really small. Much sweeter and smaller than our raisins) and a hint of vanilla.

Here is the recipe I used this last time however, I didn't use 3 blocks of chocolate lol, I decided that 1 block would be sufficient. Ended up being more rice bubbly and fruity but we liked it better that way.

http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/2255...hristmas+slice

I can't wait for my daughter to eat it all up, then it'll be gone for another year. lol

p.s. In the rum balls I make these days, I don't actually use real Rum. If I was making them as a gift I probably would spend the dollars on a small bottle of dark rum, but we don't drink here so it's just a waste of money. It's cheaper for me to just buy a rum extract in a teeny weeny bottle. Doesn't taste the same but it's still got a small hint of the rum flavour.

p.p.s. Just had a thought... you may call the rice bubbles rice krispies. Our rice bubbles are plain which is what is used in the white christmas.
Lara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (12-31-2013), barbo (12-30-2013), FeelinGoofy (12-30-2013), Mark56 (01-05-2014), Wren (12-30-2013)