View Single Post
Old 12-30-2013, 04:08 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Well, I finally fell

Our yard is a complete mud slick. Yesterday morning I took the German shepherd puppy out and foolishly decided to throw the ball a few times. My feet went out from under me and I came down hard on my tailbone and elbows. I was laughing so hard I wished someone had seen it, it must have been ridiculous. I came in so thickly covered in mud it had gone through my coat,nightgown, long underwear, and panties to the skin, I had to shower it off.

I have feared such a fall for years with my poor balance, clumsiness, and high center of gravity. I am a big girl and this was a hard fall, but the ground was soft. There was not pain at the time, but as the day worse on I felt it more and more, with soreness from extending the muscles to catch myself and back pain from the impact. I am also having sciatica which I am all too familiar with. Most sensations are muffled from my pain medications, but I really feel it when they get close to wearing off. I was very stiff and painful when I woke up.

I am trying to rest as much as possible, using ice, but I am not sure I should go to the doctor since they seem to always feel that all my conditions are degenerative and there is no point in further tests. I guess time will tell.
Any suggestions on what I should do? My arms and legs as well as my back are involved in the pain flare. Thanks!
Susanne C. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote