View Single Post
Old 12-30-2013, 07:32 PM
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Frown Occipital Neuralgia Nerve Blocks Question

Hi -

I'm a 36 year old single female with a history of occipital neuritis for about 10 years. I also have Lupus and degenerative disc disease. I have been having on and off head swelling and double vision from the occipital neuritis/neuralgia for that 10 years. My right side is always WAY worse than the left. It makes the whole right side of my head up to and behind my ear - even where my glasses sit gets a huge ident.

I got nerve blocks into the occipital area on the right and left ten days ago (December 20) at my new Neurologist. It hurt of course immediately after for about two days but the head pain was relieved. My doctor told me we could try Topamaxx if these didn't work. Anyway - today the swelling is back on both sides but on the right it is so tender and the lymph node near the area is tender and painful.

I'm guessing I got some kind of infection but would it take that long to happen? Has anyone else had this experience? I had an MRI of the brain scheduled that I missed on the 27th. I need to reschedule and I will call my Neurologist tomorrow but wondered if I could get some feedback sooner on this forum... thank you in advance!!
kkitson is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote