Thread: Increasing pain
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2007, 10:16 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Suzy,

I am fused L1 to S1...different part of the spine and C 4-5, 5-6, 6-7,...both fusions are 360 with rods and screws...I find I hear strange noises when moving as well...I have determined it is the hardware... I am very careful in how I move as I am certain you are as well with such a large fusion...The spasms probably come from the way we move...I use Flexeral for the spasms and usually use it at night for sleeping...and sometimes during the day...

As Bobbi says I believe most of my pain is nerve related as well and comes from the facets...I use Voltaran for pain and then other meds for the pain...I had cages placed in the front and I think that was supposed to lift the spine ...The facets were opened to allow more room for the nerves...but I think some of the nerves are still pinched since I still have problems with pain...

8/17/05 - Cervical Fusion - C4-5, 5-6, 6-7 - Anterior and Posterior Fusion with plate in front and rods and screws in the rear - Corpectomy at C-4 and C-5 and microdisectomy at C6-7.

1/4/05 - Lumbar Laminectomy -L3, L4, L5, S1, S2 Obliteration of Tarlov Cyst at S2. Failed surgery!
GJZH is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote