View Single Post
Old 12-31-2013, 06:53 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Do I think the pill format will help?

No. The article doesn't describe pills as we normally understand them. Anyway, I think bottom up is the easiest approach.

Do I think fecal transplants may help PwP?

Yes. But I must admit that my enthusiasm has waned since this thread was raised almost 3 years ago. On the one hand this technique appears to be being used more and more frequently and successfully for c. difficile. On the other hand no progress seems to have been made for its use for Parkinson's: I've not found any new reports of fecal transplants helping PwP.

As I've previously posted, constipation has been a large part of my Parkinson's experience. That alone would suggest fecal transplants could be useful for me. Add in the Braak hypothesis, of the progression of PD through the enteric nervous system to the brain, and people's experiences with h. pylori and it seems possible that it could help.

Do I have the guts (!) to DIY it, not yet. But, I would be happy to join a properly supervised trial.

The reports of fecal transplants led me to investigate probiotic yogurt as a possibly safer alternative. I made this myself in large quantities, 6 pints at a time. This seemed to give me a small benefit. But I have since backed off because I was putting on too much weight.

John
johnt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
lab rat (01-01-2014)