Thread: Where to start
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2013, 10:03 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
kw,

Welcome to NeuroTalk. You are making a common assumption. Just because your head did not strike the stairs as you went down does not mean your brain did not suffer trauma. The shaking alone can cause a concussion. The trauma to your neck can resonate to your brain. The neck trauma can cause inflammation that can interrupt blood flow your your brain.

I highly suspect you have suffered some level of brain trauma.

The week delayed onset of neurological symptoms is common to concussions. It is a result of the brain finally giving up the fight to save injured brain cells and connections.

A clear MRI means nothing regarding a concussion. Concussions are not imageable except with very high power imaging systems.

Read the sticky at the top of the forum about Vitamins and Supplements. It has some good links at the bottom.

Keep us posted.

My best to you
Mark, many thanks for your response and sorry for the lateness of reply. What you have written makes more sense to me than anything any of the doctors have said to me (which is incidentally nothing, except "am I depressed" or that I have no issues showing on the MRI). My GP isn't the slightest bit interested so it makes it impossible to do anything except self diagnose!

I will try the vitamin regime, I was already trying a few vitamins anyway but your post helps with what to try.

Couple of things I experience and I don't know if others do too, is that sleep doesn't make me feel refreshed anymore, I still wake up half asleep and tired, and also stimulants like a coffee for example don't have any effect on me anymore. They don't "pep" me up like they used to. It's like I'm on the constant down level equilibrium and nothing stimulates my brain like it used to. Very odd. It's also very tiring trying to concentrate on anything like looking at a document on a computer for example.

Many thanks again and will post back if I notice any changes.
kw11 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote