View Single Post
Old 12-31-2013, 03:14 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default stress and neuropathy

I used to love the holidays - but these days it is work, more work and then some. My neuropathy has been with me for 12 years and I am on oxy and lyrica and it controls it to a manageable level most of the times. But with the holidays brings the work and also the biggest part for me is my husband suffers with depression and it gets worse as he eats and eats the sugar. You would think after 38 years of marriage things would be on coast but honestly having this illness has made things so much worse. I was the strong one and did everything I could to "hold" him up during the bad times - but now I tend to need more of the holding then him - except this time of year - we are both a mess. I try to bring up some hope of change and I'm usually an optimistic person - but this time I'm really down myself. If he dealt with his depression it would be better, but it is always something else that is the problem - he often doesn't look at it as a medical condition (as most depressed people) it is this or that.
I guess I just needed to talk and maybe get a hug. Thanks for always being here whenever I need you guys - I'm not good at coming often but it is a comfort knowing you are here.

I do hope you all have a Happy New Year - and here is to hoping
Tina
tinaanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote