View Single Post
Old 01-01-2014, 10:36 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Planted another bed of favas in the greenhouse Dec 14. We have had terribly frigid nights this winter and the growing favas in the greenhouse keep getting wilted/ bent over the support strings and trying to perk up during the day and survive. This is the coldest winter I can remember of all my years in TN . Just planted more beets/ kale /turnips and a few parsnips in the greenhouse yesterday . Have had to replace alot of poison compost that we purchased ...which has been hard on me...digging it out and wheel-barrowing it off to a place where I don't want anything to grow. Then digging up garden soil and wheeling it in. But slowly the greenhouse is getting planted. I've spent a lot of time practicing my instruments on these cold days and getting very little exercise....BAD GIRL AUNT BEAN. Also ate sugar cookies (being type 2 diabetic....another big no no) Now a burn on my hand that I got baking dad cookies a couple weeks ago looks worse than when I did it...and it was almost gone. Just wanted you all to realize what sugar spikes can do ( Got to get rid of all this stuff...I have no Won't power anymore! I'll take it to the support group meeting on Saturday...lots of non-diabetics there!.) Hope you all had a blessed Christmas. God Bless us everyone Love, Aunt Bean..now on the naughty list!
Aunt Bean is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Stand Tall (01-02-2014)