View Single Post
Old 01-01-2014, 08:28 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by antoinettemria View Post
Hi, I have a question
I had all four of my wisdom teeth removed almost a month ago. My bottom two were extremely impacted. my recovery went super well, I had no issues with lingering pain or dry socket or anything. then, about 4 days ago, I got swollen again on my bottom left and had intense pain and could see what looked like a bubble on my gum where the stitches had been. I immediately went back to the dentist. He said I had food stuck in my gum which was feeding my infection and he had to recut and scrape it out. it was extremely painful. he then stitched it back up and now I am in recovery once again. I'm wondering if there's anything I can do to prevent it from happening again? I'm really scared food will get stuck in the sight again. is it common for it to happen over and over? I'm on antibiotics again but in a much larger dose too

thank you so much for any advice you can give me
My sister had the same problem a month ago. Food stuck around he gum area & slightly infected.

The oral surgeon gave my sister a plastic syringe (it looks curvy at the tip), to squirt water over the gum area to clean it after eating food.
fistula_help is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote