View Single Post
Old 01-02-2014, 04:33 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

No resolutions now, or ever.

Resolutions just get broken, anyway. It's fun to be part of some group related to resolutions (fitness, weight loss) and see the membership jump for about 6 weeks after January 1! Hard to find a place to park!

By mid February, everything goes back to normal.

And I suppose those with resolutions did undo the excesses of the Holidays, so relaxed a bit.

Anyway, I try to eat about the same amount every day........watching calories and timing of intake. I really love food, so nothing is off limits, but limits are there! I use one of those on line food trackers and it is very helpful to write down everything I eat.

I never quite exercise as much as I'd like, but I do more than my temperament warrants (complete couch potato). And I have the best hours for my health club on my calendar every day, so I have a good reminder.

The best part about being 71 is that I no longer expect to transform myself into anything better.

Right now I'm on a regular dose of prednisone (methylprednisolone actually) so I am feeling very good, with very little pain. This won't last of course, eventually I'll have to come off of the 4mg I take each day as part of my attempt to adjust to my IVIG treatments.

But I take it all a day at a time.

Happy New Year!

Hugs, Elaine
ElaineD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
hopeful (01-02-2014), Stacy2012 (01-02-2014), Wide-O (01-03-2014)