View Single Post
Old 01-02-2014, 08:29 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugglemommy View Post
She mentioned two jobs, one I don't know what is even is and the other is something that requires standing and walking so I don't know how she even came to the conclusion that I can do that one. My attorney asked would I be able to do those jobs if I can come in late and rest for 2 hours in the middle and be out several days a week and she said no.

Do you have a functional capacity evaluation filled out ? Does that say that you can stand and walk for so long a day ? If your restrictions are mentioned elsewhere in your medical documentation, but not on the FCE, that could be your problem. I believe the VE primarily (or exclusively) goes by the FCE.

It can be odd how different medical professionals can fill out forms differently on the same patient. When my docs were filling out the shorter functional capacity report form provided, my PCP asked how long I could stand in 1 hour. If my answer (this was awhile ao, so I'm guessing on exact figures) was about 10-15 minutes (max), he wrote 15 min times an 8 hour shift equals standing for 2 hours. Ditto for walking. That looks like I could do a job that involves standing and walking for 4 hours. Plenty of short shift jobs one could do if that was your ability. I can do something for a short time, once, and then MUST rest. I couldn't be up for 4 hours straight in my wildest dreams anymore My neuro took a different approach and wrote that I could not stand or walk at all, because I cannot do it on cue, which is the truth, but that makes it look like I'm incapable of walking or standing EVER, which is not correct.

You may need a new FCE done, or a new FCR completed by your doc. Check the wording/results of what is in your file.

Good luck.

Gee, this looks like a great place to sit and have a picnic with my yummy bone !
finz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote