View Single Post
Old 01-02-2014, 10:56 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherg23 View Post
People know better then to say anything like that to me. That shows ignorance. They would get an ear full from me and nobody wants that.

My friend said one thing, which was mentioned on that site but I agree with her. The whole "It could be worse" comment. I agree because I don't have ALL the symptoms of my condition (RSD). It's rare to only have pain and nothing more. I'm extremely thankful for that!

Heather

I'm also grateful that my RSD isn't worse. I think about that every time I come here and read the stories of people who are dealing with more severe symptoms, spreading, etc.

I would have a problem with someone else telling me that I have to be grateful for that though. Fine with me if friends and family aren't trying to think up comments to make on my health/pain issues. I don't want to be the focus of all of my interactions. If they do feel the need to make a comment though, either because they are happy to see me up and about or because they can see I'm having a tough day, I wish they would give a moment's thought to making it a comment that helps, not hurts.

If my house were to burn down, but my family and dog all escaped/weren't home, I would be grateful. I would appreciate a comment from a friend that said, "Thank God your family is safe, but still it must be awful to lose all of your belongings. I'm sorry for your losses. I can't imagine not having the outfits I took my babies home from the hospital in, their photo albums. Some items can't be replaced. How are you doing with that ?" I would not find it helpful if someone said, "Well, no one was hurt. Your family is fine, so you didn't really suffer a loss."

Gee, this looks like a great place to sit and have a picnic with my yummy bone !
finz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote