View Single Post
Old 01-03-2014, 01:50 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by finz View Post
Do you have a functional capacity evaluation filled out ? Does that say that you can stand and walk for so long a day ? If your restrictions are mentioned elsewhere in your medical documentation, but not on the FCE, that could be your problem. I believe the VE primarily (or exclusively) goes by the FCE.

It can be odd how different medical professionals can fill out forms differently on the same patient. When my docs were filling out the shorter functional capacity report form provided, my PCP asked how long I could stand in 1 hour. If my answer (this was awhile ao, so I'm guessing on exact figures) was about 10-15 minutes (max), he wrote 15 min times an 8 hour shift equals standing for 2 hours. Ditto for walking. That looks like I could do a job that involves standing and walking for 4 hours. Plenty of short shift jobs one could do if that was your ability. I can do something for a short time, once, and then MUST rest. I couldn't be up for 4 hours straight in my wildest dreams anymore My neuro took a different approach and wrote that I could not stand or walk at all, because I cannot do it on cue, which is the truth, but that makes it look like I'm incapable of walking or standing EVER, which is not correct.

You may need a new FCE done, or a new FCR completed by your doc. Check the wording/results of what is in your file.

Good luck.
Yes I do have a FCE and it is on there that I cannot walk or stand for more than 10 to 15 minutes at a time and that I must lay down for at least one hour several times a day. I also suffer from clinical depression and the judge did not even consider that. I am very nervous about the next hearing but praying for fully favorable decision. The judge would not even allow my attorney to speak and ask me questions, it was a horrible experience the first time.
pugglemommy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote