View Single Post
Old 01-03-2014, 04:24 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default 150 Day Sobriety Report

Well this is sure a mixed bag, the good news: 5 months of no alcohol. That probably hasn't happened since the moon landing. I have made meditation part of my daily routine, I sleep very well, feel really good, and I play well with others.

The not so good news: I actually have more numbness in my feet and sometimes my legs than I did when I started this journey. I also have the occasional shot of stabbing pain that I assumed was a thing of the past.

My diet has been awful--lots of cookies, ice cream, and other sugary delights, thank you so much extended holiday season. I am changing that with the new year.

The docs were confident that my PN was most likely from years of alcohol abuse, and I think they are probably right. But this sure is frustrating and makes ya wonder. I read somewhere that PN symptoms get worse for a time even after alcohol cessation, and then gradually get better with continued abstinence. I am hoping that is the case. Happy New Year everyone, it's great to come on here and talk to you.
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrsD (01-03-2014), PamelaJune (04-01-2017), Wide-O (01-03-2014)