View Single Post
Old 01-03-2014, 09:29 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default I have Celiac Disease...now more issues I would like to share...

Hello to all of you who are Celiac or Gluten sensitive.
I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease through blood tests due to elevated Liver Enzymes, AST and ALT were both over 100, my gall bladder stopped working, diagnosis was dyskenisia, and then developed a "frozen right shoulder". My uncle, brother of my mother who died when I was 9 years old had Celiac Disease, so it was considered that I may also have it due to hereditary connecitons. Thi s all came to the diagnosis when I turned 59 years old. They call this "latent" Celiac Disease because actually many people will never show symptoms even though they have the disease.

Now, the newest part of this for me....I developed a brain tumor in my left temporal lobe...I must say that I did not realize the symptoms of my seizures were what they were...I thought I was just over tired or stressed since I had taken on an extensive full-time job. I was "falling asleep" and losing time for seconds or minutes for over 5 years, on and off, but this past year it increased. The scary part was it would happen while I was driving...I even looked up Narcolepsy to see if that was what was happening...I also had a couple of times when I could not find the words I wanted to say, and just kept floundering with it until I had to be quiet...and eventually I would be able to get back to normal. And then it happened while trying to converse with my husband who took me to the ER...and life has changed since then extensively...Sept 24, 2013.

Celiac Disease is an immune trigger that can cause other immune systems to occur. I will be tested now for IGG4 this month which is another type of immune system, as well as rheumatoid arthritis, lymphoma, and other types. Being gluten free definitely altered my problems with the liver enzymes and the frozen shoulder. If I am glutened the experience is so painful in an arthritic pain of my arms and hands. (it actually happened in the hosptial by accident when given a prescription with gluten to increase my heart rate which is sinus bradycardia)

I am hoping to find out if any others have/are experiencing this type of change or to help any who may have been having similar issues.

Thankful for this site, Joanie
JoanieP is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote